Wednesday 5 August 2009

My romantic hubby

After a long, tedious day at work - and a seemingly never-ending journey home due to heavy traffic caused by roadworks elsewhere which everyone is trying to avoid - hubby suggested that we go out for tea. It was a lovely warm night, and the sun was still shining, so we had a nice walk down to one of the pubs near our home.

I have a tendency to get bored with a main course halfway through, so I was pondering at getting a couple of starters for a bit of variety when I spotted the 'Sharing Platter for Two' - chicken pieces, onion rings, breaded salmon pieces, BBQ dip, garlic ciabatta slices, potato scoops with cheese and red onion, and tortilla chips with cheese and spicy chilli relish. We decided to order a side salad too, to even out all those carbs a bit...! Some things were better than others, but overall it was really tasty. And with the warm evening sunshine and lovely conversation it felt just like picnic-ing(?) on holiday. Bliss!

On our way home I spotted a couple of conkers that had fallen and hubby risked life and limb to collect them for me (well, he waited for a car to pass and then nipped across the road!!). He never buys me flowers as he claims the ones in our garden are much prettier (cop out!), so this was a true act of romance on his part.


Flowers? Pah! Give me conkers any day...

2 comments:

  1. Awww the simple things in life eh? Glad you had a wonderful evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the simple things are the most impressive! Sounds like a really lovely evening! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.