Thursday 25 February 2010

Congratulations to my 100th Follower!

I was so chuffed last week when I realised that the Bliss Knits blog had reached the fantastic milestone of 100 followers. I thought it was reason to celebrate, so this sweet crocheted birdie is now winging its way (pun intended!) to my lucky 100th follower, ejcameron.


I love these cute little birdies and have made a few in different colours for my Folksy shop. I thought yellow and white would be nice, fresh, sunny colours; a definite harbinger of spring!


The inspiration for these sweet birds came from a lovely lady over at Attic24. Lucy's blog is full of amazing colours and photos of her gorgeous crocheted makes. She chats about family life, the delights (and trials) of bringing up a newborn and two young children, interspersed with beautiful photos of her stunning home, things she loves, sweet treats that she's baked, and her fabulously bright and cheerful crochet.

Lucy often posts crochet tutorials too and it was this one that I loved so much. I was a bit dubious about making some of these birds to sell as I didn't want to breach Lucy's copyright, but she very kindly agreed to my request. I've tried to make the birdies a bit different to hers, using different crochet stitches and adding button and ribbon embellishments instead of the crocheted features, and I think they look great!

If you'd like to own one yourself (and can't/don't have the time to make one), check out my Folksy shop (with more colours and designs to follow) or watch this space... a giveaway is coming VERY SOON!

Bookmark and Share





4 comments:

  1. the blog is looking fab and the birdies are so adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, many congratulations on your 100th follower! Just think of what you'll have to make for your 1,000th one!!

    Love the wee bird - the spring colours are perfect!

    Kirsten xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 100th follower,and thanks for following mine. Love the way your blog looks, i still got a lot to learn ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for my sweet little bird. I am pregnant with my first baby and the colours will go perfectly in the new nursery! It is beautifully made and I feel very honoured to be your 100th follower and receive such a thoughtful prize. Thanks again and I look forward to reading your next blog!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.