Tuesday 6 April 2010

Flowers, packing, opera

Did you all have a nice relaxing Easter weekend?

I've been VERY busy, but I've really enjoyed it and now have that great feeling of satisfaction after a really productive few days. Shame I had to go back to work today though!


Regular readers will know that we're intending to move this year, so we've spent the Bank Holiday weekend looking at houses and decluttering our own. The garage is looking a lot tidier now that I've boxed up all of my plastic pots and gardening paraphernalia and taken it to my Mam's house; the patio has been cleared of my little nursery plants (cuttings and divisions taken last year with a view to a possible move to a new garden!) and they're now in foster care in Mam's garden; and you can actually see the floor in my workroom now that I've packed away lots of my crafting bits and bobs - now in storage in Mam's garage - can you see a theme here?!!!


I also took the time to have a potter in the garden; it's looking really pretty at the minute now that the lovely delicate spring flowers are in full bloom (and of course I had to take a few photos for you!)

We also managed to find the time to fit in a trip to The Sage. It's right on our doorstep and we do go quite often, but hubby is far more appreciative of classical music than I am - I just like a good tune! We saw the Orchestra of Opera North and the Huddersfield Choral Society, and their version of 'Carmina Burana' was absolutely fantastic! The 'O Fortuna' movement was amazing! Here's a version that I found on YouTube.

How did you spend your Easter?


Bookmark and Share





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely long weekend. Mine was very quiet, and the weather was grey and wet a lot of the time, so mostly indoors,
    pam

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.