Monday 18 January 2010

Baby Bunting Arrives in Oz

Regular readers may remember me mentioning some Baby Bunting that I was making for a friend of a friend - to give to her friend who had just had a baby girl. Well it's all finished now and hanging on a nursery wall in Sydney, Australia.

This is the lovely soft DK yarn that I started with, in delicate pastel shades to match the baby's nursery.



I knitted nine flags in all, in shades of light and mid pink with alternating white; with a crocheted edging around each flag in mint green. I then crocheted some letters for the baby's name - CECILIA - also in the mint green yarn; these were then stitched onto the relevant colour flag. The flags were then backed with white felt to secure the stitching further and to make each flag more robust, and then they were all attached together with some more crocheted cord, in the mid pink yarn.



And here's the final bunting hanging on my living room wall.



Angie, who commissioned the bunting, wrote me a lovely email once it had arrived two weeks later (not bad considering it was over the Christmas and New Year period). She thought that the bunting was '...absolutely fabulous. Honestly, it's even more gorgeous than I had expected and I know Ali is going to really love it. I can't wait to give it to her!'

It would be great to see a photo of the bunting in situ, but really I'm just so pleased that Angie loves it - and hopefully Ali and Cecilia will too. It's lovely to think that my work may be gracing the walls of Cecilia's bedroom in Australia for years to come.

Bookmark and Share






2 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful, well done for doing such a lovely job, hard to believe it is now in Aus.

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful, what a lovely keepsake for them. How mind blowing to think its on a wall, right now, on the other side of the world!!

    PS - I have given you a well-deserved Sunshine Award - go to my post to see what it's all about :) http://glamourpussnews.blogspot.com/2010/01/ive-won-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.