Friday 14 January 2011

Every Girl Needs a Pink Dinosaur

One of my major plans this year is to concentrate on making things for my own pleasure - whether it be for family, friends or home. There will be a lot less making to sell and I have no craft fairs lined up at all this year (though of course that may change). I'm keeping my Folksy shop open, and I'll list new items occasionally, but this year I thought I'd concentrate on learning new techniques and spending time developing my own ideas.


I really enjoyed knitting this dinosaur for my Great Niece Deja's first birthday (actually last November but I hadn't got round to posting the photos). Due to the copyright laws I tend not to make things from magazines, but when I'm knitting for a gift (and not to sell) then that's okay.


This was from Let'sKnit magazine, issue 31, June 2010 - knitted in oranges, blues and greens in the magazine 'perfect for little boys' - I thought it would look lovely for a girl in a variegated pink/lilac/white yarn with touches of minty green. I added the long eyelashes at the last minute to make her extra-girlie!


I'm not sure that Deja liked her birthday gift at first.

But she seemed too after a little while.


Every girl needs a pink dinosaur, hey?

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous Sharon! I love it! And I love your plan to step off the hamster wheel for a while and just play around with new ideas and techniques. I think we all need to do that from time to time - creativity should not be 'just another day job'.Thanks for the reminder!

    Kirsten xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. iloveit. I could use a pink dinosaur too, so cute.

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I'd love to hear from you.